Dolphins!

Can dolphins understand human words?
Not really.But scientists have taught dolphins hand signs that stand for words. Dolphins learned words like Frisbee, basket, right, left, over, and under. They learned more than forty words! (p.38)

Today, I read "Dolphins!".  This book wrote about the ecology of dolphins, and said they're intelligent and gentle animal. They can learn and memorize many things. In recent studies, they use a kind of whistle to communicate other dolphins. And, every dolphins has a one-of-a-kind whistle, just like the dolphin's name.
Now, I feel like seeing dolphins. If I see them someday, I think  I will remember the story in this book.

Vocabulary
Frisbee:フリスビー


Bokoske S. and Davidson M.(1993).Dolphins!:Random House

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Mystery in London

L.A. Detective

The Red-headed League