The Ugly Ducking

"Why are you so shy?" he asked."Because I am ugly," said the ugly ducking.The swan laughed, "Have you looked in a mirror lately?" (p.12-13)

Today, I read "The Ugly Ducking". One day, five duck was hatched, but one of them was ugly. So he was bullied by other duck. He left there, but again, he was bullied by different birds. He was ashamed that he was ugly, and lived lonely and sadly for along time. But one day, a swan told him he wasn't ugly. Before he knew, he became a beautiful swan! Then, he had a very good time.
This is a famous fairy tale. But, although I must have read this when I was little , I forgot the story. I wonder why.

Vocabulary
ugly:醜い、悪い、不快な


Findley V.(2006).The Ugly Ducking:Scholastic

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Mystery in London

L.A. Detective

The Red-headed League