The Great Tulip Trade

Anna didn't move."I will not trade my very last birthday tulip. It is a gift from my father. That makes it worth more to me than anything else." (p.45)

Today, I read "The Great Tulip Trade". Anna lived in Holland. One day, Anna's father let her have eight tulips from the ground because that was Anna's eighth birthday. She chose them and she planted them in a window box. Soon,  a farmer came and saw the tulips. He asked Anna to trade the tulips. In Holland, tulips were worth at that time. At first, she said no. But a farmer said he would give two lambs, a cow and a puppy. Finally, she gave him two tulips. After that, another people came and asked her to trade the tulips with their belongings…
At last, she didn't give the last one even she can trade it with gold. That scene was very moving and I think she had a great choice!

Vocaburaly
tulip:チューリップ


Beth Wagner Brust.(2005).The Great Tulip Trade:RANDOM HOUSE

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Mystery in London

L.A. Detective

The Red-headed League